Being a tween/teen can be so hard! There’s the constant pull between what society thinks their role should be, what they think their role should be, and pressure from friends to fit in. Add technology to the mix and we have a whole lot of teens struggling with claiming their strengths, loving themselves as they are, and being confident enough in themselves to thrive.
My name is Stacy I am a Certified Peer Support Specialist and Tween/Teen/Young Adult Mentor. We all know that being a teenager is not easy. Teens have to deal with navigating their way in the world while undergoing monumental physical, emotional, and social changes. As a peer support specialist and mentor I enjoy walking with teens on their journey and helping them discover what they often cant see and that is how amazing they are and how much they have to offer the world. I provide a safe, non-judgemental space. I am able to connect with teens and teens because I have experience with many issues they are facing. My techniques can support a meaningful connection to develop between myself and the tween/teen. They will have an adult they can trust and confide in who will offer insight and a new perspective on common teenage challenges. I help them discover their strengths.
Things we discuss and work on:
· Increased self-esteem, self- awareness, and self-acceptance
· Build friendships
· Improved decision making ability
· Improved time management skills
· Goal Setting and accountability to those goals
· Strategies and techniques for coping with social and/or academic pressure
· Strategies and techniques for coping with difficult friendships or other relationships
· Improved grades and work ethic
· Better communication skills
· Better perspective and an empowered mindset
and much more....
We have a variety of circles for tween/teens. We have video game, tween, teen, and creative circles. To find out more or sign up for a circle click the find out more link below.